buying wheat in bulk

fred smith <fredex@fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>
Sat, 25 Feb 2012 08:11:38 -0500
v112.n009.2
>Next, shop around online.  Honeyville Grain ships any order for
>$4.49 anywhere in the USA.  Sometimes their products are more
>expensive, but the savings on shipping can change the picture.

and drifting slightly off-topic here, I've taken to buying my vital
wheat gluten from Honeyville in 3.5 lb cans. It's roughly half the
price of the little bags King Arthur's web store sells, and the $4.00
shipping is a big win, too! Since I'm now making a lot of whole-grain
breads, I use more vital wheat gluten than I used to, so it's not
unreasonable to purchase it in such quantities.

Fred