recipe software, Accuchef

Judy L <bh628@yahoo.com>
Wed, 8 Feb 2012 05:54:18 -0800 (PST)
v112.n006.3
Hi, has anyone used Accuchef? A friend and I sell at the farmer's
market. This software program is supposed to figure out your cost of
a recipe easily. Then, if the cost of an ingredient goes up, you
input the new cost and it is supposed to update all your recipes.

It's $20. My friend hasn't updated her cost sheets for a few years,
and I'm finding that some of mine are old also. It's a pain to keep
them up to date, with pricing rises so much on ingredients.

If you have another software to recommend, please let me know. The
accuchef website says that Mastercook doesn't have this feature, but does it?

Judy

[Editor's note: Mastercook can also do this. Along with nutritional
information, each ingredient can be assigned a cost and store
location. Adding a recipe to a shopping list will display the total
cost of the recipe. You do have to keep the cost entries up to date
by hand, as you describe for Accuchef. --Jeff]