Recipe Software

Richard Werst <rbwerst@gmail.com>
Sat, 04 Feb 2012 09:31:23 -0700
v112.n006.1
I haven't posted to the list very often (somewhat of a lurker I
suppose), but I thoroughly enjoy reading the digest every week, and I
find it very informative.

In regards to the questions/posts about recipe software, as a person
who uses Linux as my computer operating system (Ubuntu for the
curious), I thought it would be good to mention the free & open
source "Gourmet Recipe Manager:

http://grecipe-manager.sourceforge.net

 From their download site:

"Gourmet Recipe Manager is a recipe-organizer available for Linux and
Windows that allows you to collect, search, organize, and browse your
recipes. Gourmet can also generate shopping lists and calculate
nutritional information. It imports Mealmaster, MasterCook and
KRecipe files and exports PDFs, webpages and other formats. Gourmet
is free software and uses Python, GTK+ and SQLAlchemy."

I've never used "MasterCook," so I can't comment/compare the
interface, but I'm very satisfied with the way the program works for
me...and did I mention "FREE?"

Back to lurking, and keeping warm here in Western Montana.

Richard Werst