Re: broken KitchenAid

Richard L Walker <rlwalker@granis.net>
Sat, 24 Dec 2011 02:21:48 -0600
v111.n051.3
Unfortunately for quite a few years we can no longer associate
KitchenAid with Hobart. KitchenAid was bought by Whirlpool (and truth
be known, probably others before Whirlpool). Almost everything "heavy
duty" about the machine we once loved has been changed so it is much
more inexpensive to produce ... not the least of which is converting
the metal gears to plastic.  (hello?)  The failure rate of KitchenAid
machines is a very large number.

I forget the brand names, but others have named some firms that are
still making good "heavy duty" machines (metal gears, motors with
adequate oomph) for home use. If I were buying a new machine today
I'd be looking at one of those rather than KitchenAid.

Good luck.