Re: broken Kitchen Aid

"Sandy Krause" <sandykrause@verizon.net>
Mon, 19 Dec 2011 09:14:12 -0500
v111.n050.8
I am fortunate to have an older Kitchen Aid, but it is still JUNK
compared to my Bosch mixer.  I have the mini, because it was on
clearance for $50 when I bought it.  Bought one for my niece and my
sister too, everyone LOVES it.  It is an orbital just like the
Kitchen Aid, but the quality is much better.  I also bought a Bosch
Universal for serious bread baking and nothing makes it strain.  I
can easily make four loaves of the heaviest bread dough, it
recommends a capacity of bread dough up to 15 cups.  It isn't an
orbital, it has a hook on one side and a scraper on the other, best
description I can come up with.  It is loud, but I have NEVER heard
the motor strain, not once.  I bought it for under $300 and I would
never be without it.  It works for everything, including whipping 1
egg, so the range is also amazing.  Both my Bosches came with
blenders. The Mini came with a dough hook, a cake beater, and a
whipper.  The universal came with the dough mixer and wire whips.  I
also bought cookie dough beaters, you can get them in wire or that
indestructible plastic, I can't think of the name.  I like the
plastic cookie/cake mixers because they are so easy to clean.  They
both come with lids too.  I think if you continue to put money into
your Kitchen Aid you will always have problems with it, they just
aren't make for heavy dough.

Good luck,
Sandy