Equivalent in cups of 6 oz. yogurt

mkstmn@aol.com
Thu, 2 Jun 2011 06:06:21 -0400 (EDT)
v111.n023.8
I was looking over a recipe last night for cranberry oatmeal
muffins.  All measurements are in cups, teaspoons, tablespoons,
except for the yogurt - which calls for 6 ounces.  I do have an
ancient scale which isn't all that accurate.  Would it be 3/4 cup?  I
almost always have yogurt in my fridge, but it's usually a quart container.

[later...]
I answered part of my question when I went to the grocery store today
and discovered those small, individual containers of yogurt contain 6
oz.  That explains why that was the only ingredient listed by
weight.  Now, I'm going
to have to buy one of them to see how much goes into a measuring cup
- unless someone on the list has already done that????

Marsha
in southern Illinois

[[Editor's note: the recipe is v110.n011.6 in the archives. Searching
for "cranberry oatmeal" in the digest search found it.]]

[[Editor's note: 6 oz of yogurt is very close to 6 fluid oz - I
measured it. In general, if it's wet enough to spread out when given
the chance, it's close enough to water to assume 1 avoirdupois ounce
= 1 fluid ounce and 1 liter = 1 kg.]]