re biscuits

lobo <lobo119@bresnan.net>
Wed, 23 Feb 2011 22:19:17 -0700
v111.n009.8
These are really good and somewhat similar to Red Lobster's .... even
better than the last time I had those. I recommend 2 c of cheese,
didn't get much cheese flavor with only 1 c.

Lobo
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Buttermilk Biscuits

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
Rounded 1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
3/4 cup well-shaken buttermilk
1 to 2 cups of cheddar cheese

Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 425F.  Mix
together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Blend in
butter with your fingertips or with a pastry cutter until mixture
resembles coarse meal. Add buttermilk and stir with a fork until a
dough just forms (dough will be moist). Stir in amount of cheese
desired. Drop onto cookie sheet. Bake 12 to 15 minutes. Recipe easily doubles.