Mom's Bran Muffins for Muffin Mania

"Anita Flanigan" <glasgal@sbcglobal.net>
Sun, 16 Jan 2011 15:23:04 -0800
v111.n004.3
Here is a recipe for my Mom's wonderful bran muffins.  I have been
eating them for too long to remember and making them for over 60
years. They are healthy and they taste good.  All of the ingredients
can be found at your favorite larger supermarket that sells bin foods
(Winco for us on the west coast), or at your local health food store.
I usually make a double recipe and freeze them.  They are easy to
defrost in the microwave or if you have one of those old potato
bakers that go over a burner, they take a little while longer.  Or if
you are organized, take them out the night before.

Anita Flanigan

* Exported from MasterCook *

                                bran muffins

Recipe By     :mom
Serving Size  : 8     Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Quick Breads

      3/4           cup  whole wheat flour (or unbleached A/P flour)
   1 1/4           cups  bran
      1/2           cup  wheat germ
      1/4           cup  soy flour
      3/4      teaspoon  salt
   1 1/4      teaspoons  Soda
   1           teaspoon  baking powder
   1                     egg
   1                cup  Yogurt (or buttermilk)
      1/4           cup  Honey or Brown Sugar
      1/2           cup  raisins
      1/4           Cup  Oil

Mix dry ingredients and stir in raisins.  Mix wet ingredients and
combine both.  Bake at 375F for 25 min.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 211 Calories; 10g Fat (39.8%
calories from fat); 8g Protein; 27g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber;
30mg Cholesterol; 287mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean
Meat; 1/2 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : another of nana's great recipes.