wet centers

Judy L <bh628@yahoo.com>
Sat, 9 Oct 2010 21:03:07 -0700 (PDT)
v110.n034.3
Hi,

I just made my second Jim Lahey bread.  It was the walnut bread. It
was really nice--raisins, walnuts, and cinnamon.  I had wheat bran
all over the crust.

I baked the first bread quite awhile back, and forgot that it came
out "wet" in the middle.  This one did also, even though the
temperature measured over 200 degrees.

I followed directions. Baked 30 minutes in Dutch oven with lid
closed, then 15 minutes with lid off. Took temperature, and I figured
200+ degrees was ok for a lean bread.

Any suggestions?  A book called "Kneadlessly Simple" said to bake the
bread 5 - 10 minutes longer than called for in no knead breads
(converting your own). But I don't know if that's with the lid off or on.

Thanks,

Judy