Pizza on the Grill...like Lois Omdahl

Judith Mayberry <mayberry@san.rr.com>
Sun, 11 Jul 2010 15:25:56 -0700
v110.n023.1
I use a 14" cast iron griddle with the Flay recipe for dough rounds.
Lois uses a 12" skillet, so we are doing the same thing. I agree, the
recipe makes four lady-size pizzas just perfectly.

My big problem is getting the very thin dough round off the board and
laying it in the pan to brown--it looks like a surreal shape because
gravity makes the dough deform when you pick it up.

Next time I'll try to lay the shaped dough on a floured peel and
slide it onto the hot griddle. I like it thin and even showing a
"window pane" thinness. The heat of the cast iron cooks it
immediately and the fillings never leak through. Any suggestions on
how to get very thin dough into the hot pan are welcome!

I can recommend distributing razor-thin slices of garlic over the
toppings, and a shake of crushed red pepper flakes (if you haven't
brushed the dough with chili oil).