Re: Pizza on the grill

David A Barrett <Dave.Barrett@lawpro.ca>
Mon, 28 Jun 2010 09:28:38 -0400
v110.n021.3
>My pizza dough is usually very soft.  I can just imagine it oozing
>down between the bars of the grill before it start to firm up.  Does
>that ever happen when you grill your pizzas?  What do you do to keep
>that from happening?
>
>--Diane in Los Angeles

Well, the obvious answer would be to add a few Tbs more flour to the
dough, to stiffen it up a little bit.

Mine's usually pretty soft too, and I've never had a problem with it
oozing between the bars.  In my experience, the dough stiffens up
almost immediately when you put it on the grill, as the bottom starts
to cook right away.  I usually try to make sure the ends lay on the
bars, not between them when I place the dough on the grill.

Dave