Corrected sourdough lavash

Mike Avery <mavery@mail.otherwhen.com>
Sun, 22 Nov 2009 10:08:43 -0600
v109.n043.3
>Editor's note: Mike, why is salt listed twice and why the blank line between?

The salt twice is a typo.   A major typo.  Corrected below.   The
blank line is because I list solid and liquid ingredients separately,
with a blank line between.  On more recent recipes, I list the
liquids first as I find that adding them to the mixer first seems to
give me a better mix and less chance of geysers in the kitchen, and
listing the liquids first makes it easier for me to remember to put
them into the mixer first.

Again, this is enough for about a pound of lavash crackers.  I hope
the table shows well in the digest.

Grams   Ingredient
260     Bread floue
5       Salt

25      Water
38      Honey
25      Light olive oil (extra virgin for more of an olive oil focus)
180     Sourdough starter at 100% hydration

Instructions:
Use improved mix

This is a very, very dry dough.  You may need to a add a bit more
water.

First fermentation overnight at room temperature.

After the overnight fermentation, roll it with the sheeter to the
thinnest setting.
Cut into strips.  Put on parchment paper on baking trays, mist with
water.
Sprinkle with herbs and spices.
Preheat oven to 375F. (This is from memory and may not be correct

Bake about 10 -- 15 minutes, or until the crackers are nicely browned.

This seems like a long baling time for such a thin bread, but it
isn't really a bread, it's a cracker.  The goal is to have it be
crisp and deeply browned.

Enjoy!
Mike

*Bake With Mike <http://www.bakewithmike.com>*
Mike Avery
Email to: mavery at mail dot otherwhen dot com
Mike's Bread Logo

A Randomly Selected Bread Saying Of The Day:
Acorns were good until bread was found.
-- Sir Francis Beacon