Whole Wheat Pumpkin Bread

Mon, 09 Nov 2009 01:17:47 -0800
v109.n040.8
When we get back home I want to make this for Thanksgiving.  I hope
some of you might enjoy it also.

* Exported from MasterCook *

                          Whole Wheat Pumpkin Bread

Recipe By     :Arvilla McKenzie
Categories    : Bread-Bakers Mailing List       Breads
                  Vegetables

    2               cups  whole wheat flour
    1                cup  sugar
    6             ounces  cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix -- 2
pkgs (3 oz each)
    1           teaspoon  baking soda
    1           teaspoon  ground cinnamon
       1/2      teaspoon  salt
    4                     eggs
    1 1/4           cups  canola oil
    15            ounces  canned pumpkin -- solid pack, (1 can)

1.  In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, pudding mixes, baking
soda, cinnamon and salt.  In another bowl, combine the eggs, oil and
pumpkin.  Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.  Pour into
two greased 8" x 4" loaf pans.

2.  Bake at 325F for 70 - 75 min or until a toothpick inserted near
the center comes out clean.  Cool for 10 min before removing from
pans to wire racks.

Makes 2 loaves, 8 slices each

Source:
    "Fall Baking, Nov 2009  tasteofhome.com"

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 317 Calories; 19g Fat (51.5%
calories from fat); 4g Protein; 36g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber;
53mg Cholesterol; 245mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean
Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 3 1/2 Fat; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

Serving Ideas : It's a perfect quick bread for fall, for breakfast or any meal.

NOTES : I created this recipe after tasting a similar bread.  The
pumpkin and pudding mix add moistness while the whole wheat flour
adds nutrition.   Arvilla McKenzie, Bellingham, WA