Re: Request for seasonal bread recipe

dmrogers218@comcast.net
Sun, 4 Oct 2009 13:22:10 +0000 (UTC)
v109.n038.10
Reggie, I made this the other day and it is delicious (especially warm).

deb in Georgia

Who needs fresh cranberries! This is DELICIOUS. Not sure it would be
as good with fresh cranberries. Not sure I will ever try it with
them. I know you're suppose to wait until the bread cools to slice
it...but it's my kitchen and I cut a slice off the end anyway.;-

Cranberry Orange Bread

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon (I added to recipe)
1/4 tsp nutmeg (I added to recipe)
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
1/2 cup orange juice (I used the pulp too)
Grated peel of 1 orange
2 Tbls melted butter or margarine
2 Tbls hot water
1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries (I used dried cranberries and
soaked themin the oj for 3 hours and drained before using saving the
oj for the recipe
1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts (I used pecans)

In a large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients. In another bowl,
beat egg.Add orange juice, orange peel, butter and hot water. Add to
flour mixture,stirring just until moistened. Gently fold in
cranberries and walnuts. Spoon into greased 9-in. x 5-in. x 3-in.
loaf pan. I used a clay loaf pan and used suger instead of flour
after greasing it. Bake at 325 degrees F for 60 minutes or until
toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.Cool for 10
minutes before removing to a wire rack.

Source: Not known

Yield: 1 loaf

Southern Belles Ring Louder