Tiger bread or Dutch crumb

"Arlene \(Baker_ia\) Klatt" <aklatt@iowatelecom.net>
Tue, 14 Jul 2009 19:33:18 -0500
v109.n028.5
Hi

I was reading an article about Dutch crumb or Tiger bread where a
slurry/paste of rice flour, water, oil and yeast is added to the top
of bread or buns to give them an interesting tiger type
coloration/pattern on the top of the loaf or bun plus it makes the
loaf crusty on the outside. Has anyone ever done this and my wonder
was after googleing the topping some say to use sesame oil and other
notes just say oil. Has anyone on the list ever done this and if so
what kind of oil and did you use white rice or brown rice flour. I
also found sweet rice flour but that sounds like more of a starch
type flour to thicken things that it is put into.

Thanks all

Arlene