Making round disks of bread

marina <marina@soapnaturally.org>
Mon, 13 Jul 2009 09:55:51 +0200
v109.n028.1
>Back to bread. What is the best way to make the flat pita bread into
>a nice round disk? Mine are pretty funny lookin but work fine.

The only way I have found is to start with very round balls, by
rolling the dough between the palms of my hands and shaping it with
the help of my thumbs.

Once I have a round ball, which can take some time because I am no
dough artist, I gently squeeze it down to a round thick disk between
my palms, and then use my palms to further press it down on the
table. If using a rolling pin, it usually works best if you apply
pressure on it from the centre of the disk out.

Pizza makers never use a rolling pin to get their round disks - they
simply pull and turn the disk until they have the desired thickness.

Hoping this helps, and congratulations on your bacon!

Marina

    /\ /\     Marina Tadiello
   /  /  \
  /  / \  \   Perledo near Varenna, Italy
  \  \ /  /   Local and International Fax +1 781
998-8427
   \  \  /    <http://www.soapnaturally.com/>
    \/ \/     The ultimate guide to making natural soap