grilled pizza

Claire Kranz Banasiak <cekb@sbcglobal.net>
Sun, 21 Jun 2009 08:11:50 -0700 (PDT)
v109.n025.3
I have been grilling pizza for years. We even grill in the winter. To
give the dough a little body I add 1/4 to 1/3 cup of semolina. When
ready to grill: Start with the heat on high for a few minutes before
putting the dough on the grill. By having the heat on high you can
put the dough directly on the grill as the high heat will form a skin
on the dough and keep it from falling through the grill. Once the
dough is on the grill for a minute, turn the heat to medium. I put
down the lid. Every grill is different, but I usually grill my dough
3-5 minutes then turn over. Once I turn it I add all my toppings and
grill for another 3-5 minutes. How long you grill depends on how
crunchy, crisp, you like your dough.

Claire