Super Size Sandwiches

<gonzow@nopalmx.com>
Tue, 16 Dec 2008 12:21:18 -0600
v108.n046.2
I got roped into making 30 sandwiches for a Posada (Christmas
Party).  And I dreaded making all those little sandwiches.  Then I
came up with a brilliant idea, make 2 giant sandwiches and then cut
them at the party.  So I took this recipe that I like for rolls and
made 2 big flat loafs of bread, split it down the length, put the
mustard, mayo and meat on and bingo ready to go.  It looked really
neat too, I have some special plates I made for 9x13 cakes (cut some
wood and painted it).  Save this in case you ever have to make
sandwiches for a large group.

2      Tbsp     instant yeast
   1/4  cup      warm water, 110 F
1 1/2  cup      buttermilk, heated to lukewarm
   1/4  cup      sugar
   1/2  cup      butter, melted
1      tsp      salt
4 1/2  cup      enriched all-purpose flour
   1/2  tsp      baking soda

Dissolve yeast in warm water in small bowl.  In a medium bowl,
combine buttermilk, sugar, melted butter and salt.  Sift flour and
soda into a large bowl.  Pour yeast mixture into buttermilk mixture,
then add to flour.  Mix well.  Let stand 10 minutes.

I have a heavy duty ABM that takes 4 cups of flour with no problem
and I use it to knead/mix the dough, I just dump everything in and
push the button).

Grease well two 9x13 pans.  Divide the dough into 2 pieces and put
one in each pan, spread evenly.  Let stand 30 minutes, or until risen
nicely.  Bake 30 minutes at 400 F or until golden brown.