Re: breating speed

"Mary Fisher" <mary.fisher@zetnet.co.uk>
Sat, 26 Jul 2008 09:16:47 +0100
v108.n028.1
From: "Mary Fisher" <mary.fisher@zetnet.co.uk>
Subject: Re: hard rolls recipe
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 10:34:27 +0100

Thanks for this but:
      what does 'c' mean?
      What does 'beat at high' (or medium) mean?

TIA

Mary

Editor's note: 'c' is the abbreviation for 'cup'. 1 cup = 8 fluid oz
or about 237 ml.  The beating instructions are for an electric
mixer.  I don't know what the equivalent hand mixing instructions would be.

Thanks for that but my Kenwood Major mixer has a range of numbers,
from 1 - 6 (Min - Max), it's not rated as low, medium and high ...

Mary

[[Editor's note: For high, I would try 5 or 6 and for medium, speeds
3 or 4.  Some experimentation will be necessary to find the best
settings for your mixer.]]