Recommendations Please

"Dwayne Kryger" <dwayne.kryger@content-mgmt.com>
Tue, 8 Jul 2008 10:43:12 -0400
v108.n025.9
I was given a copy of Peter Reinhart's book "The Bread Bakers
Apprentice" at Christmas by my daughter and have enjoyed it a
lot.  In spite of having baked bread for over 30 years I am learning
a lot (I'm just an occasional weekend home baker).  I've never worked
with a bread that has such a high moisture content as pain a
l'ancienne.  I am very pleased with the results that I am getting.

However, it seems that I need to make the transition from measuring
to weighing.  Also in spite of some of the negative comments on this
list I think that I need to be checking the temperature of the bread
for doneness.

So, I would appreciate recommendation on scales for weighing and
probe thermometers for checking to see when the bread is done.

Thanks, this is a great list.
Dwayne