Bagels

"Margaret G. Cope" <mgcope@charter.net>
Mon, 24 Mar 2008 08:33:30 -0400
v108.n012.2
I have been making them successfully for the last few months using
Peter Reinhart's Breadbaker's Apprentice.  According to my family
they are as good as the ones we buy at the Co-op an hour away.  Yes,
you must leave them overnight to develop flavor.  I do use malt syrup
in them and baking soda in the boil water.,  I use  KA high gluten
flour also available at the Co-op.  Last batch I used some KA whole
wheat...not alot but about a cup.  I think they are not too much work
for the product.

If you can't find the book where you are I will scan the pages if
Peter will allow and email them to you.

Where are all the bread-bakers?