bagels

"Steve Gomes" <finnygomes@msn.com>
Sun, 23 Mar 2008 11:30:30 -0600
v108.n011.2
I need some therapy. I am discouraged. I can't get my bagels to turn
out as they do in the bagel shop. I was told that the best way is to
make the dough and then form the bagels and let them rest for about
1/2 hour before putting them in the boil. They don't seem to have
much flavor. I was told that you can substitute molasses for malt
powder. Anybody have any good luck with bagels? It may be one of
those things you just buy a dozen from the shop. Like beer it is too
much work and not economical to make a small batch.