Canadian bread--Thanks!

ALAN WOODS <woods.1@osu.edu>
Mon, 21 Jan 2008 10:24:15 -0500
v108.n003.3
Thanks to everyone who responded; lots and lots of valuable
information (and links to some terrific recipes and resources!)  The
general consensus, both here and on The Fresh Loaf, was for white
bread, usually made with Robin Hood flour.  I've passed the
information along to the director and the production team, although
(as I've told the folks who sent information), theatrical
practicality has won out, and the character will be baking soda
bread--the script allows no time for rising between his mixing and
kneading, and then putting directly to an oven on stage and baking
(he bakes a loaf in Act I, and burns a loaf in Act II).  More about
the play and production at http://www.catco.org/07.08shows/drawerboy.htm

And I'll be posting photos of whatever turns up on stage after the
February 3rd opening performance on my own site,
www.alan-ohio-bread.blogspot.com

Again, much thanks to all.  This has been a terrific experience
having heard so much from so many generous and helpful bakers!

Alan

Alan Woods
Columbus, Ohio
woods.1@osu.edu