Spent grains

"Cindy DeCesare" <cindyde@gmail.com>
Sun, 13 Jan 2008 09:00:49 -0600
v108.n002.5
Hi Kate,

I just bagged about 30 sandwich bags of spent grains yesterday, after
a visit with our beer brewing son in law.  This batch is grainier
than other spent grains that he has shared with us in the past.  It
contains oatmeal, barley, and three other grains.  During our visit,
he made Belgian Waffles and a loaf of bread in a Panasonic Bread
Machine.  The grains were very soft in both, and delicious!  My son
in law suggested using the long, Whole wheat cycle on the bread
machine with this heavy batch of spent grain.  He said that using the
shorter cycle left the center of the bread under cooked.  You will
also need to adjust the amount of water in any bread recipe, since
the grains contain water.

I'm looking forward to working with this heavier spent grain, tastier
with the addition of oatmeal.

Let us know how your bread turns out.
Cindy