NO KNEAD

Margaret Cope <mgcope@charter.net>
Tue, 04 Dec 2007 13:39:00 -0500
v107.n034.8
First let me say how glad I was to receive this newsletter again and
hope that all is well with our hosts.

I also find the "gummy" problem  as described by the Jacobs and have
solved it somewhat by doing a little extra at the end with the
convection part of my oven.  Toasting lightly also relieves this
problem.  No Knead makes wonderful blue cheese and walnut bread!

I tried the "Simple Crusty Bread" from the NYTimes of November
21.  It works just fine...but the flavor of the bread baking it on
the first day has much to be desired.  Baking it after 3 - 4 days in
the refrigerator improves it greatly.  I also baked it in my old
French bread forms and they make very nice baguettes.  In fact making
a ham and Swiss sandwich with it reminded me of street food in
Provence!  Next I will experiment with some additives.

Happy Holidays..and baking to all.