KA No-Knead recipe

"Norbert or Jeanette Jacobs" <njretired@copper.net>
Sat, 10 Nov 2007 13:33:52 -0600
v107.n033.6
Hi Folks,

I have baked the New York No-Knead bread recipe several times, but
most recently I tried King Arthur's Bread site's "adjusted"
version.  Both mix, rise, brown, and taste as expected which is very good.

But the problem I have with both recipes is that even though the
crust is nice and crispy, the inside bread is sort of gummy.  The
texture is good (sometimes more dense than others), but stays damp,
not dry, after cutting into it.  I do wait until the loaf is
completely cooled before I first cut into it (the toughest challenge,
I must admit!) but that hasn't helped.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jeanette in South Texas (who is now a weekend Deer Hunter's
Widow...and loving it!  Four-day weekends off (until January when
life and loving husband return to normal)...eeeeha!)