Olive oil mister suggestions?

"Chris Nelder" <chris.nelder@idiotwind.net>
Tue, 9 Oct 2007 10:29:47 -0700
v107.n028.6
Hi, I'm brand-new to this list. I found it in the Bread Baker's
Apprentice, and I'm looking for some advice on where to get a GOOD
olive oil mister/sprayer. I don't want to buy aerosol cans of oil.

I've been looking high and low for an olive oil mister that isn't a
cheap piece of crap, and I haven't found one. The one that seems to
get the best ratings online is the $16 unit from Misto, but all the
reviewers note that you can only fill it with 1/3 cup of olive oil,
that it tends to clog and must be depressurized and cleaned
frequently...and even then, it will break after about 2-3 years of
use, presumably because the pump parts are plastic.

As part of my "no more cheap Chinese kitchen utensils" campaign, I
want another alternative! Preferably, one that is all stainless steel
and/or glass, that will last 10 years or more.

On a tip I found on one Web site, I did track down a plant mister
made of all stainless steel at Smith & Hawken, but it had a tag on
the bottom saying "NOT FOR FOOD USE" which I assume is because the
pieces were soldered together with regular lead solder. They had a
copper one too, but the salesperson said that was a no-no for food.

Now I think I must have to find an antique! Maybe an old perfume
atomizer, with a glass vial and a metal pump?

This is driving me nuts!  Any and all suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks!
-- Chris