Back after a long time

Jeff Dwork <jeff@jeff-and-reggie.com>
Tue, 18 Sep 2007 16:12:15 -0700
v107.n027.11
Bread-bakers is back!

We've been through some big changes.  I turned 60 in May and was laid
off 4 days later.  After 40 years in the semiconductor industry - the
last 32 at AMD - it was time for something new.  We moved from San
Jose to Los Banos, CA and I'm now a student at Merced Community
College taking prerequisite courses for the Registered Nurse
program.  If all goes according to plan, I'll be able to apply to the
program in Aug 2008, start in Jan 2009 and get my RN in Jan 2011.

Reggie has been through a lot recently.  She's been hospitalized for
more than 1/3 of the last 9 months.  She's home now but will be going
back for another 3-4 weeks in Nov.  The good news is that an
underlying cause has been identified and will soon be fixed.

Our move was only 85 miles SE, but it's a different world - we're in
the San Joaquin Valley, not the SF Bay area.  San Jose is on the
southern end of 100 miles of suburb/city with 6 million people.  The
population of Los Banos is 35K.  It's 30 miles through agricultural
land and wildlife refuges to the county seat, Merced, which has 80K
people.  It's nice being in a small town.

Jeff