Yeast to Flour Ratio

Larry J Renaud <ljrsphb@comcast.net>
Fri, 31 Aug 2007 10:39:00 -0400
v107.n023.11
I find using yeast in the following ratio gives me the best results

For 1 cup AP or Bread Flour  (5.25 oz)         1/2 teaspoon yeast
For 1 1/2 cup AP or Bread Flour (approx 8 oz)  3/4 teaspoon yeast

For 1 cup Whole Wheat or Rye (5.25 oz)         3/4 teaspoon yeast
For 1 1/2 cup Whole Wheat or Rye (5.25 oz)     1 teaspoon yeast

So if I used 8 oz of Bread Flour and 8 oz of Whole Wheat together 1
3/4 teaspoon of yeast

I also add Vital Wheat Gluten(VWG) when using Whole Wheat or Rye
1 cup of Whole Wheat 1 tsp
1 1/2 cup of Whole Wheat 1 1/2 tsp

1 cup of Rye 2 tsp
1 1/2 cup of Rye 3 tsp

My German Rye Bread would use the following flour-yeast-VWG ratios
8 oz of Bread Flour  (1 1/2 cups)  3/4 tsp yeast  No VWG
4 oz of Whole Wheat  ( 1/2 cup)    3/8 tsp yeast  1/2 teaspoon VWG
4 oz of Bread        ( 1/2 cup)    3/8 tsp yeast  1 teaspoon VWG

Total                 1 1/2 tsp yeast and 1 1/2 teaspoon VWG

If you're interested in complete recipe write me. Subject: Request
German Rye Bread