Portable Baking Solution?

donnadm87 <donnadm87@gmail.com>
Fri, 1 Jun 2007 11:24:32 -0400
v107.n019.10
Hi, Donna here.  I have belonged to this list off and on for years.
Have been away for a long time, and now I am back because I need some
advice from the voices of experience.

I bake all our bread, except in the summer when I cannot bear the
heat of the oven.  I have a bread machine, an old Zojirushi bought
new many years ago through a member of this list.  It is great and
still going strong.  (However, I don't bake the bread in the machine
because the clean up is just too miserable and the pans wear out too
quickly.  So, I make dough and bake in it the oven.

I am putting together a small arsenal of electric appliances for use
on the screened in porch, where any heat generated will stay out of
the house.  A summer kitchen, so to speak.

My challenge is that I will have to purchase something sight unseen,
as I have no practical access to shopping, let alone comparison
shopping.  And, I will have to have the product shipped.  And I am in
Canada, which make shipping from US locations costly and complicated.
Sears is always a good bet for me, as they ship to their catalogue
locations free and are an honest company to deal with.

So here is the question:

Can anyone recommend a small portable electric unit to bake bread and
if my husband could do up a roast in it as well he would think he had
died and gone to heaven).  I bake one large loaf at a time, in a
stainless steel bread pan, 5x9.5 inches and 2.5 inches deep but with
the risen bread it is often as deep 7 inches.

I have been looking at the Hamilton Beach 22 quart roaster oven at
Sears, but wonder if it is big enough to bake bread in.

Thanks,
Donna