No Knead Bread Pot

FMTZ@aol.com
Mon, 21 May 2007 12:07:03 EDT
v107.n018.8
Thanks to all of you who answered my 'plaintive' cry for help
in  finding a suitable pot for the NK bread.

What I ended up doing was to use a casserole dish (Corningware - 4
qt.) I had with a lid with a plastic handle. I was able to unscrew
the plastic handle and substituted a metal knob from the local
hardware store. Works fine and the bread is really delicious.

By the way, if you make this bread with a flour coating such as I
prefer to do, you know that it tends to stick to the towel that was
originally proposed.

Instead, I use a square of Reynolds "no stick" aluminum foil, coated
with a nice  layer of flour,  on which to let the bread rise. The
risen bread never sticks and slides into the hot pot with the greatest of ease.

Good baking to you all!

Frank