Re: special whisk

debunix <debunix@well.com>
Sun, 20 May 2007 09:55:39 -0500
v107.n018.2
A friend showed me one of those--fabulously quick to whip a few
servings' worth of cream at a time--and I liked it so much she
brought me one back from Australia.  I have never seen one for sale
here quite like that, but I did find one I like better.  It has the
same design of the whisk spiraling around perpendicular to the rod of
the whisk, but is stainless steel and has a ratcheting handle--you
push the handle up & down, and the whisk whirls around.   I got it at
King Arthur Flour, but they no longer carry it.

Google eventually came up with a few sources for the same whisk
shape, but not the ratcheting handle too:

http://www.chefsresource.com/rosle-spiral-whisk.html

http://www.chefgadget.com/homeproduct.asp?prodsku=R21-30

http://www.amazon.com/Norpro-Krona-Coil-Whisk/dp/B0000VLXY6/ref=sr_1_27/103-9161400-4163806?ie=UTF8&s=kitchen&qid=1179672241&sr=1-27

or, for that long one: