Good bakeries in Manhattan? and - er - Miami?

"Diane Purkiss" <dianepurkiss@btinternet.com>
Sat, 3 Mar 2007 14:34:19 -0000
v107.n008.8
Hi, all.  I wish I had the pen of Shakespeare so I could sing to you
all the joys of Philippe Martin's baguettes de l'ancienne (rue St
Louis en L'Isle) and by the way, did anyone mention that the little
red Michelin regional guides are wonderful on bakeries?

Enough of this wittering, however.  I'm off to New York in 10 days
and am keen to bite the Big Apple's best bread - and above all, best
bagels.  I know Amy's Bread existed because I have the book, but
apart form that I am clueless.  I'd be very interested in your recommendations.

Right after that I'm going to Miami - business, not pleasure - and
wondered if there's anything fabulous and Cubanish down there in the
bakery line?

Many thanks to you all, Diane