No Knead Questions

"E.B. Wilson" <ebi@cape.com>
Tue, 30 Jan 2007 10:29:23 -0500
v107.n005.14
My experience, after something like twenty loaves of "No-Knead"
bread, yields these suggestions in response to the several questions
asked in recent postings: (1) Internal temperature for the finished
loaf: 205 F; (2) Water content: 340 grams; (3) Pan size: After
several trials, I settled on a two quart Cruest for the loaf height I
was seeking; (4) Burning: Cut a round disk of foil and place it over
the loaf during the final fifteen minutes of uncovered baking; (5)
Oven temperature: stick with the master recipe at 450 F; 500 is too
hot. I continue to have absolutely great results with this no-knead
technique. Will it replace all other techniques. Of course, not! But
it is good to have in the repertoire. Meanwhile, has anyone tried the
no-knead method for other than the "boule" configuration? Baguettes,
batards, rolls, etc.?  Let us know.

-EB Wilson