Review: No Knead Bread

RisaG <radiorlg@yahoo.com>
Fri, 19 Jan 2007 10:40:37 -0800 (PST)
v107.n003.22
Well, I finally baked my first loaf of the No Knead Bread and my
feelings on it - just magical and marvelous! Wow. A bit hard to get
that moist dough into the extremely hot pot but otherwise very easy.
Long rise time, no work to do really. Wow.

I cut it open and it was full of large holes, moist consistency,
crunchy outside. Really good. Like bread you buy at the artisan bread
places. So good.

I made a panini with my 2 slices, gave Steve one slice to have with
his lunch. He liked it. Still wants to buy bread at the Siciliana
though. Can't teach an old dog new tricks!

I thought it was crunchy and wonderful. I am going to buy some wheat
bran this weekend to use in my next loaf. I will also try to form it
into a baguette shape for the next one too.

So, a big success altho' they don't tell you how filthy the outside
of your Le Creuset pot gets! Yikes, I hope I can get it clean before
I use it for tonights chili!

RisaG
Risa's Food Service
http://www.geocities.com/radiorlg