Re: No-knead bread pan

Mary Lincoln <tylin10@yahoo.com>
Mon, 08 Jan 2007 10:30:09 -0800
v107.n003.9
>I have a question re. the bread sticking to the pot:   I have seen
>mixed reports of that.

I bought a cast iron dutch oven from Amazon.com ($20!) to bake the
no-knead bread, and I experienced no difficulty at all with sticking.

I followed the recipe exactly, but I will extend the baking time
another 10-15 minutes next time since the loaves I've made have been
a bit wet. Or maybe I just didn't let them cool long enough? I
confess to sneaking a slice while it was stll slightly warm.

This bread has been a blessing to me since I have  lung disease and
kneading bread was becoming too much of a chore for me. How nice to
get such fantastic results - just the kind of bread I love - without
all that labor!

Next Christmas, I'm going to buy dutch ovens and include the recipe
and some yeast as gifts for several friends/family members.

Mary