No knead Bread recipe

"Mary Flack" <mflack@cvtv.net>
Wed, 3 Jan 2007 17:45:31 -0600
v107.n001.14
After all the talk about the no-knead bread I decided to make it.  So
last night around 5 pm I mixed up the dough according to the video
tape from NY Times.  I did let it rise until 2 pm the next day and
then folded it together and then let it rise another 3 hours.  Baked
it for 30 min covered and then for 15 min uncovered.  When I took it
out of the oven all looked wonderful.  I checked the temp and it was
at 206F.  In my opinion it was a little doughy or should I say
wet.  So I would bake it another 15 min for a total of 30 min
uncovered as the recipe stated.  My family was in a big hurry for
dinner or I would have baked longer.  In my opinion it was bland and
lacked flavor.  I did use 1 1/4 tsp salt and 1 1/2 cups water.  The
crust was alittle tough also.  Not like bread I bake that I
knead.  All in all my family thought it was great.  So what can I do
to get more flavor (The bread just tasted like white flour - just
bland.)  But the recipe did work for me the first time and had great color.

Mary