Carl Griffith's 1847 Oregon Trail Sourdough Starter

"Russell Fletcher" <pastordic@gmail.com>
Fri, 8 Dec 2006 08:48:44 -0800
v106.n046.8
Has anyone tried Carl Griffith's 1847 Oregon Trail Sourdough Starter?
I just tried to activate my sample last night and it just sat there.
I was extra careful, and even had my wife double check the
temperature of the water.  I followed the instructions, then when it
failed after about 10 hours, tried a little warmer water. No success so far.

Is it worth waiting several weeks to get another sample and trying
again or do I just order something else off the internet?  (I can't
find sourdough starter anywhere around here.

Presuming that I should try a different starter, has anyone tried any
of the starters from King Arthur Flour (The Baker's Catalogue)?

Thanks for the help.
Russ

--
Russell Fletcher pastordic @ gmail.com