raising dough

Ken Sivulich <sivulich@earthlink.net>
Tue, 5 Sep 2006 10:53:47 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
v106.n036.1
I've never liked raising my dough in the oven.  I want to see it
progress and peek above the top of the bowl as I am "multi-tasking",
to use a now overworked phrase that any good cook/baker has always
performed.  Anyways, I place regular ceramic tile (left over from the
kitchen floor) on top of the glass top electric stove and turn the
burner/s on for ten seconds.  I then place a pot holder on top of the
tile and the covered bowl of dough on top of that.  The radiant heat
from the tile works great.  If needed, the burner/s can be turned on
for a few more seconds later in the raising process.