Thrilled!

"Mary Fisher" <mary.fisher@zetnet.co.uk>
Sun, 30 Jul 2006 10:41:22 +0100
v106.n031.1
Yesterday I made my first real batch of loaves in our small stone
oven in the garden. Three French style baguettes (in ss banettons
made by Spouse), five large free form loaves - all made to a recipe
from here (Barry's Fairly Good Baguette) - and six fast-rise free
forms made to use up the heat. I cooked a turkey leg in the remaining
heat overnight.

I'd have had enough bread for three or four weeks but a son came and
said it would be rude not to test a loaf and Spouse wanted to give
some to the neighbours!

It's wonderful :-) And I've learned so much, next time I need to
light the fire earlier, let it burn longer and have more dough
prepared. Oh joy!

Thank you for pizza recipes - two very different types. I'll try
both. I can't wait!

Mary