Storing dough for long periods of time in the fridge

"Ken Vaughan" <kvaughan@acsalaska.net>
Sat, 8 Jul 2006 11:10:20 -0800
v106.n028.10
I generally make pizza style doughs and allow them to ripen in the
fridge. After about 3-4 days, the ability to rise degenerates.  The
flavor improves (for me) for about a week, and remains constant.  I
have had dough sit for up to 3 weeks before using it.  After a week,
I tend to roll it thin and make cracker bread with it.  The three
week old dough had lost much of the gluten effect, and rose little,
but made a super tasty flat bread.  Rolled very thin it was a lavosh
style cracker with excellent flavor.

Rather than a pizza, it became a dipping bread and was rapidly consumed.

As always, your mileage may vary, but do not waste dough that has
become well aged in the fridge.  Roll/stretch thin and bake.

Ken in Juneau