Airplane Dough

"mike fuller" <mikadri@infomed.sld.cu>
Sat, 17 Jun 2006 07:03:25 -0400
v106.n025.2
Joe asks if anyone has ever brought bread dough on an airplane.

I once flew from Havana to Toronto with a half liter water bottle
about 2/3 full of my Wilma hurricane sourdough starter.

Then we drove together to upstate New York.

I started feeding her upon arrival and made sourdough bread for weeks.

Her mature, sophisticated flavor has graced many palates of the
northeast by now, because I sent her to several bakers while there.

I carefully took tablespoon samples of her, spread them on wax paper,
let them dry and sent in regular mail.

If anyone sees Wilma sourdough in New York artesan bakeries, now you
know from where she came.

Baked love,
Mike in Havana
mikesbread@gmail.com