Re: Bosch Mixer

sariah <sariah@bluebottle.com>
Tue, 13 Jun 2006 16:40:48 -0500
v106.n024.11
Hi all,

I mostly lurk here, but had to put in my .02 about mixers.

I also unreservedly recommend the Bosch.  I bought mine in the early
1980's.  It can make many loaves of bread and I have used it
extensively with never a problem.  In fact, one time I put it on high
speed accidentally and it walk off the counter and fell on the hard,
tile floor, still mixing the dough the whole time.  The plastic
removable cover cracked, but that was easily replaced.  The
attachments are top-notch.  It is still going strong and has never
needed a repair.

I am partial to many German-made products, as they seem to be
superbly engineered and made to last through a nuclear war :-D  And I
agree with Brett Baker that they would have to pry it from my cold, dead hands.

Sariah