RE: Mixer Woes

rokzane@comcast.net
Sun, 04 Jun 2006 13:52:07 +0000
v106.n023.8
Hi Erik,

I have had the same problem with a 2003 Kitchen Aid (the Artisan
Model). I switched to an Electrolux after about a year of hasseling
with the kitchen-aid. I love the electrolux. It is amazing for bread
and cookie doughs, but doens't do so well with cake batters and
whipping things like egg whites and whipping cream.

I have also read that the De Longhi is an excellent machine.

For cake batters and such, I went on e-bay and found an old Hobart
Kitchen-aid (Kitchen-Aid was the best on the market when Hobart was
making them from about 1965- to the mid-80s). I won it for about 150
dollars. I have that machine for about 2 years, and it's taken just
everything I've thrown at it. :)

Good Luck,
Roxanne