celebration challah report

FREDERICKA COHEN <cohenfs@prodigy.net>
Sat, 6 May 2006 04:13:36 -0700 (PDT)
v106.n019.6
Many of you have kindly responded in the past months to my many...too
many !...requests for guidance in the technique of creating
celebration challahs.

I want you to know that a 4 lb, 19 in long, 8 1/2 in wide beauty
arrived last week. The top braid slipped just enough off-center to
make it look home-made and not professional!

It became the centerpiece at a 90th birthday lunch party.

I used your thoughts and especially the Maggie Glezer (A Blessing of
Bread) techniques to do it. For instance, I was braiding tightly...
like a mother, instead of loosely like a baker and not properly
adjusting baking time.

Actually, it was a little less than 4 lbs. The dough felt so good
that I pulled off a goodly hunk to make a small loaf for me.

Thanks again, Fredericka