Irish Pint Glass Bread

"kwarendorf@nyc.rr.com" <kwarendorf@nyc.rr.com>
Mon, 13 Mar 2006 09:09:28 -0500
v106.n012.1
I baked this bread (from Bob the Tarheel baker, bread-bakers
v106.n010.2) this weekend, although I used the recipe as it appears
in the Mar 2006 Saveur Magazine (page 84). It was created to ease the
fears of starvation of a boy going to college. His father developed
the recipe using tools that every college student in Ireland had at
his or her disposal; to wit: A Pint Glass 'borrowed' from a pub. Also
in this issue is Myrtle Allen's Brown Bread. I baked it too.

Both breads are easy and excellent!

[[ Editor's note: Saveur is available in digital form from
<http://www.zinio.com/>.  Back issues $5.00 ]]