Re: SF sourdough

"Allen Cohn" <allen@cohnzone.com>
Sun, 5 Mar 2006 08:31:33 -0800
v106.n010.6
Hi Diane (and list),

The "classic" SF sourdough is Boudin. They retard the dough for
*ages* to get a super sour taste. It's worth a try...and their new
bread museum/bakery is fun to visit and the *only* thing you should
bother with on Fisherman's Wharf (which is otherwise a useless tourist trap).

My favorite baugettes come from across the Golden Gate Bridge at
Bouchon Bakery.

If you're doing a full bakery tour in SF, I also recommend visiting
Tartine great pastries and one excellent bread which comes out of the
oven at 4 PM each day and quickly sells out) and Bay Bread.

If you would like other SF bread, dining, tourism advice, feel free
to contact me.

Allen