Digital Scales

fredex <fredex@fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>
Sun, 5 Mar 2006 08:31:29 -0500
v106.n010.3
Judith Mayberry <mayberry@san.rr.com> wrote:
>Thanks to all those who responded to my search for scales that show
>1-gram increments. Many commented that it is an insignificant amount
>and not very usable in baking.

>Well, it is when measuring the  amount of coffee when you are
>scientifically trying to arrive at "the perfect cup." Which was the case here.

Judy:

Now that we know why you want it, allow me to offer another
suggestion. The Upton Tea Company sells a "pocket tea scale" desined
for measuring out enough tea to make a cup. It has a capacity of 200g
and apparently will read out fractional grams (0.05g). Should you
wish to check it out, here's the URL of that item on their web site:

http://www.uptontea.com/shopcart/information/INFOscaleUse.asp

Note I'm not trying to sell anything, I haven't used this particular
product of theirs, though I am a happy tea customer!

---- Fred Smith -- fredex@fcshome.stoneham.ma.us