"list-only" email addresses

Jeff Dwork <jeff@jeff-and-reggie.com>
Sun, 05 Mar 2006 01:45:51 -0800
v106.n009.22
Some of our subscribers use a special-purpose address for all
list-related email and ignore all email sent to that address except
for bread-bakers.  There's nothing wrong with that and it's a good
way to avoid making a "real" email address public, since bread-bakers
posts go into the archives on the internet.

If you do ignore incoming mail, please don't put your email address
at the bottom of your post (it's going to be at the top - the list
software does that) and say something about it in your post,
especially if you're asking a question.  Something like "please reply
to the list, not to my email address" would be fine.  It can be
distressing to send a reply to someone's question and get a "I don't
read email sent to this address" response.

Thanks for your consideration.
Jeff & Reggie