Re: Breadman machine has never produced results

LAllin@aol.com
Sun, 11 Dec 2005 16:41:58 EST
v105.n051.6
I have been using a Breadman TR500, once or twice weekly, for the
past 12 years with good to excellent results.  I also have a Breadman
TR700 that is seldom used, only when I need a lot of dough.  In my
experience, there is only one recipe that I use that I can "dump and
walk away" - Lois Conway and Linda Rehberg's Breadmachine Magic's
Sweet Oatmeal bread.  I don't know why that one is so bullet-proof, I
just know that it is totally consistent.

As RisaG does, I add the ingredients, watch for the ball to form and
make sure it is of proper consistency (round, smooth, satiny and
tacky to the touch - much like the sticky on a Post-It note).  When a
good ball is achieved, I am comfortable wandering off until I hear
the beep near the end of the kneading cycle, at which time I check
the ball again.  Checking at this point leaves enough time to correct
any issues that may have developed before the end of kneading .

It is my firm belief that no machine will consistently produce decent
bread using the "dump and run" method.  The best course of action for
one who has too little time to do otherwise is to sell the bread
machine at a yard sale and find a good bakery.